Valentine's Day Gift Guide
We’ve established how much I love gift guides, and I also happen to love Valentine’s Day, so I figured I would jump into the fray with some not-so-traditional suggestions to gift your sweetie this year. Maybe it’s a Hallmark holiday, but the gifts don’t have to be cookie-cutter! This year, think outside the card.
Things to Eat
Edible gifts are great, because they don’t take up any space (except in your stomach). They can be shared, or not shared. Pick your poison!
- For the rich, dark chocolate lover: See’s Deep Dark Chocolate Truffles (Bonus: they’re heart-shaped!)
- For the sweet and salty fanatic: California Love Salted Pretzel Dark Bar (Bonus: the wrapper takes you on a little tropical getaway!)
- For the spice lover: Srirachi Lover’s Package
- For the one who eschews chocolate for fruit: See’s Sour Hearts
- For the traditionalist: See’s Classic Red Heart
Things to Wear
- For the whimsical sock lover: Foot Cardigan sock subscription (Bonus: the gift that keeps on giving as a new pair arrives every month!)
- For the fashionista: Faux Fur Infinity Scarf (Bonus: it’s like wearing a hug from you every time she puts it on!)
- For the hipster Southerner: Hug More Necks t-shirt (Because who doesn’t need a little more love?)
- For the classic lady: Laure chemise from Journelle (Bonus: it’s sexy AND comfy!)
- For the lover of letters: Dainty Monogram Necklace
Things to Use
- For the scentaholic: All-Natural Soy Heart Candle
- For the practical get-stuff-done-er: Collapsible Market Basket with Pocket (Bonus: fill it with delicious goodies and then eat them together!)
- For the home DIY-er: Sugru Home Hacks Made Easy Kit
- For the organized note-taker: Paperback Sticky Notes
- For the beauty maven: Rosebud Salve
- For the gal who loves a pop of color: Homemade Floral Initial (Bonus: these flowers won’t die after a week!)
Things to Read
(Bonus: offer to read them together!)
- For the armchair economist: It’s Not Your, It’s the Dishes by Paula Szuchman and Jenny Anderson
- For the grown-up Disney princess: Project: Happily Ever After by Alisa Bowman
- For the therapist at heart: Grown Up Marriage by Judith Viorst
Disclaimer: Though these were all on my TBR list, I haven’t read them and so can’t vouch for how good they are.
Happy Valentine’s Day!